Product Description: The word "tincture" refers to a liquid that has gone through some sort extraction and / or concentration process. The benefit of making a tincture is simply to maximize the benefits of the mushroom. By performing a dual extraction (letting the mushroom soak in heavy alcohol for six weeks then steeping it in hot water for 12 or so hours), you're able to access the compounds and molecules within Reishi that are not water-soluble. In other words, consuming Reishi tincture will allow you access to more benefits than you would from drinking Reishi tea alone.
This tincture is a 50/50 mix of two Reishi species; Ganoderma tsugae is our most common native Northeastern species, which we harvest from local wild forests, and the more widely used Ganoderma lucidum, which originates from Asia. Our native species (G.tsugai) has similar biochemistry and properties as the Reishi (G. lucidum).
Extraction Method: Our tinctures are dually extracted with alcohol and hot water. We use 190 proof Everclear, which is derived from corn (rather than grain), making our tinctures gluten free!
Suggested Use: Put 5-10 drops of tincture into any beverage 2-3 times each day. Tinctures can also be incorporated into cooking / baking. The tincture has a subtle flavor but it is nearly undetectable when mixed into a beverage with a strong flavor, such as coffee or juice. Reishi is also great when used an hour before bed.
Facts and Benefits:
- Many people experience a noticeable calming and relaxing feeling shortly after consuming Reishi tea or tincture. Reishi has been reported to help decrease anxiety.
- Reishi combats cravings , and can also target and destroy 'bad' bacteria in the gut- thus making a weight loss regime more effective.
- As an adaptogen, Reishi is also used to support the healthy function of the heart, increasing blood flow and providing more oxygen to the brain.
- High in terpenoids, phenols, nucleotides and their derivatives, glycoproteins, and polysaccharides, which all support a healthy functioning body that can lend itself to a relaxing state of mind.
- Mushroom proteins in Reishi contain all the essential amino acids for healthy cell regeneration.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.