This Reishi Peppermint Mocha will bring some chillax to your holiday! I made this a mocha, as I love the combination of coffee and mint, but feel free to simply exclude the coffee in this recipe for an equally amazing Reishi Peppermint Hot Chocolate that serves as a perfect before-bed drink.
2 cups whole Milk or full-fat milk alternative
1 cup strong coffee
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of mint leaves (reserve 4 sprigs for garnish)
Your favorite brand of chocolate bar, broken into small pieces. You may choose any decent sized chocolate bar for this. I used a 3oz, 70% dark chocolate bar
Birch Boys Reishi Tincture
This recipe yields 4 servings
1. Combine water, sugar and mint leaves and bring to a boil
2. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let simmer 10 minutes
3. Set aside
1. In a saucepan combine the milk and chocolate pieces and heat on medium-low until the chocolate is well melted, whisking often.
2. Once chocolate is fully melted into the milk, add the coffee and a ½ cup of mint simple syrup to the mixture and whisk thoroughly. Because we may be using different chocolates here, give it a taste to determine if you need more mint syrup.
3. Once the desired sweetness has been achieved, pour your mocha into your mugs or glasses. Then stir in 4mL of Birch Boys Reishi Tincture and garnish with a leftover mint sprig. Now it’s time to serve and de-stress!