The word "tincture" refers to a liquid that has gone through some sort extraction and / or concentration process. The benefit of making a tincture is simply to maximize the benefits of the mushroom. By performing a dual extraction (letting the mushroom soak in heavy alcohol for six weeks then steeping it in hot water for 12 or so hours), you're able to access the compounds and molecules within Turkey Tail that are not water-soluble. In other words, consuming a Turkey Tail tincture will allow you access to more benefits than you would from drinking its tea alone.
Extraction Method Used
Our tinctures are dually extracted with alcohol and hot water. We use 190 proof Everclear, which is derived from corn (rather than grain), making our tinctures gluten free!
Put 25 drops of tincture into any beverage 2 times each day. Tinctures can also be incorporated into cooking / baking. The tincture has a flavor but it is nearly undetectable when mixed into a beverage with a strong flavor, such as coffee or juice.
Facts and Benefits
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor), also known as the roof tile fungus, is active in protecting and enhancing the immune system.
- Turkey Tail possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Polysaccharide K (PSK) is the best known active compound in turkey tail mushrooms. In Japan, PSK isapproved for use in combatting cancer.
- It also helps to alleviate chemotherapy symptoms, and aids in pain relief.
- In studies performed by the PDQ Integrative, Alternative, and Complementary Therapies Editorial Board, Turkey Tail was shown to promote AB increase in natural killer cells.
Turkey Tail has a black belt in the arts of defense and protection. When danger is near, fortify your body with our Turkey Tail Tincture.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.