ChagaNOW is such a diverse ingredient! I wanted to see how it does when added to sweets. This recipe is focused on the frosting, because that is what the ChagaNOW is in, but I’ll give the recipe for the cookies as well! The resulting frosting is like a hybrid between vanilla bean and chaga. The ChagaNOW adds a beautiful vanilla-bean like look to the frosting and packs a healthy boost in a decadent sweet. You can use this frosting on cakes, cookies, ice cream and more! If you’re going to make these exact cookies, scroll down and make the cookies first. Then whip up the Chaga Cream Cheese frosting.
Ingredients for the Chaga Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 servings of ChagaNOW (Birch Boys’ Instant Chaga Extract Powder)
- A pinch of salt
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the vanilla and ChagaNOW and mix until smooth.
- It’s as easy as that! Now use your frosting to top your baked goods.
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Cookies
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (the plain stuff, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 cups of flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
Instructions for the Pumpkin Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy/combined.
2. Add the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract, and mix together until combined.
3. Add the baking powder and baking soda and mix once more.
4. Add all of the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet in rounded tbsp-fulls.
6. Bake for 14-18 minutes until golden brown on top.
7. Allow to cool completely, then frost and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you used the frosting on another recipe, let me know what it was in the comments! and you can order other chaga products.